Under guidance from the Governor’s office (Proclamation No. 20-28.4), the Environmental Commission now has authority to resume regular meetings, with the next one to be held on Wednesday, June 17 via Remote Attendance, The agenda packet is available by clicking on “Most Recent Agenda” below.
Members of the public who wish to participate in this meeting may do so by joining the Zoom meeting at the following link:
Meeting ID: 899 0312 7915
Phone participation is also available by calling 1-253-215-8782 or 1-669-900-9128 and entering meeting ID: 899 0312 7915
- 5:15 pm
- Third Wednesday of each month
- Council Conference Room
501 N. Anderson St.
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval.
There are seven Environmental Commission members, three of which may be non-residents (with no more than two residing outside the Urban Growth Area), and two members may be under 18 years of age. The President of the Ellensburg Environmental Club is an ex-officio member. The current Commission members are:
- Kristine Steinkoenig, term expires December 31, 2024
- Andrea Sledge, term expires December 31, 2024
- Laura Busby, term expires December 31, 2021
- Emily Jacobs, term expires December 31, 2022
- Christina Wollman, term expires December 31, 2021
- James Rivard - Chair, term expires December 31, 2021
- Phyllis (PJ) MacPhaiden, term expires December 31, 2022
- Ann Schlanger, EHS Environmental Club President
The Environmental Commission operates under the authority of Chapter 1.60 of the City Code and is responsible for advising the City Council on environmental matters with the mission of maintaining and enhancing the uniquely livable and sustainable environment enjoyed by City residents.