Get Information on City Utilities for your home or business

See the information listed below to start, stop, or transfer utility service.  Call (509) 962-7201 for payments or billing questions. 

You may make an application to start or stop services or set up your unique PIN online

Application for New Utility Service
Request to Terminate Services
Create, edit PIN (for existing utility customers)

The City of Ellensburg has a Utility Customer Support Program aimed at supporting low-income and vulnerable households during the response and recovery to COVID-19.

Updated senior and disabled low-income utility service rates effective January 1, 2020. Here is a summary of the updated rates:

  • Low-income customers are defined as senior/disabled customers who are at or below 125% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL). Here’s a weblink to a table showing 125% of FPL Federal Poverty Guidelines - 2021 | Mass Legal Services 
  • The rate for low-income customers is 50% reduction for all utilities (e.g. water, sewer, stormwater, electric and natural gas).
  • The customer charge, too, is a 50% discount for low-income customers.
  • Disabled utility customers must meet medical guidelines found in Ellensburg City Code and the Revised Code of Washington State. Here are some weblinks to reference:

Apply for Energy Assistance through HopeSource

Our community partner, HopeSource, typically operates an energy assistance program from early October or November and continues until April or September, depending on available funds and your utility provider. For additional information about the types of assistance offered visit HopeSource and click the apply button to learn more.