Help our winter street crews by taking these steps when it’s expected to snow:
• Park vehicles in driveways or parking areas off the main streets.
• If you don’t have a regular off-street parking area, consider moving your car when the road is scheduled for plowing.
• Please give our snow plow operators plenty of room when you see them out working.
• Maintain snow removal of your sidewalks, and driveways. People who push snow from a parking lot onto public rights-of-way may be fined $250 plus the cost of snow removal.
• Per City Code 5.40.140, it shall be the duty of the owner, occupant, or person having charge of any building, residence, premises or real property located within the city adjacent to or fronting upon any public sidewalk to remove or cause to be removed, by 9:00 a.m. on every day after snowfall, snow and ice from said sidewalks to their full improved width.
The City of Ellensburg provides winter care for our roads. The City is divided into six plowing sections, and there are three priority levels that guide the crew's work. First priority goes to primary arterials and streets, which buses use to reach public schools. Second priority is secondary arterials and the downtown core area. All remaining streets are third priority. Under normal snowfall conditions, all roads within the City are plowed using the aforementioned priority basis. View our snow plow routes and de-icing routes in our maps gallery on our website: https://gis.cityofellensburg.org/gallery/.