Adult Activity Center
The Adult Activity Center (AAC) serves as a drop-in recreation facility for adults 50+. Our mission is to offer a variety of recreational and life-enrichment activities which include health and wellness, fitness, nutrition, intellectual well-being, art, games, special-interest activities, computer assistance and classes, trips and tours, and special events.
All trips require participants to register. You can register online or in-person at the AAC, 506 S. Pine St. Registration fees are paid in advance with cash or check.
Franklin Falls Hike - Wednesday, July 17, 2019
A stunning 2.0-mile roundtrip hike. Transportation, box lunch, snacks provided.
Museum of Flight Apollo 11 Mission - Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Visit the Museum of Flight exhibition on Apollo 11. Exhibit admission and tour, guided narration, transportation, lunch, and snacks/beverages.
Visit the State Capitol - Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Tour the State Capitol and Governor's Mansion. Transportation, box lunch, beverages and snacks included in fee.
Take me out to the ball game - Mariners vs Yankees - August 23, 2019
Watch a great baseball game! Transportation, entry ticket, beverages and snacks on bus included in the fee.
- 1:00 PM Needle Crafters
- 9:00 AM Pine Needle Basketry
- 1:00 PM Ceramics (3rd Thursday of the Month)
- 1:00 PM Paper Crafts with Jean Kirkham (2nd & 4th Thursday of the month)
- 9:00 AM Wood Carving
MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY
- 8:00 AM Morning Exercise Class
- 9:30 AM Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL)
- 11:00 AM Silver Sneakers
- 12:00 PM Flow and Glow
- 1:30 PM SAIL
TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
- 8:00 AM Foot Care/Healthy Smiles Dental Cleaning
- 9:00 AM Level 1: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 10:00 AM Level 2: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 11:00 AM Hand Massage (2nd Tuesday of each month)
- 1:30 PM Walkie Talkies (walking group)
- 8:00 AM Bridge
- 9:00 AM Duplicate Bridge
- 10:00 AM Memory Cafe (2nd Tuesday of the month at Ellensburg Historical Museum, 114 E 3rd)
- 12:00 PM Men's Bridge
- 10:00 AM Tree climbing 101 (genealogy). Preregistration required.
- 12:10 PM Brown Bag Lunch Series
- 2:00 PM Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Support Group (3rd Thursday of the month at Hal Holmes Community Center, 209 N. Ruby St)
- 1:00 PM Pinochle
- What is the annual participation fee for the Adult Activity Center?
- Do I need to register with the Adult Activity Center in order to participate in classes, tours, etc.?
- How do I know which activity or class would best suit my needs?
- Is it possible to rent the Adult Activity Center for a private event?
Katrina Douglas, Coordinator
Erica Batchelder, Recreation Assistant
Tina Peet, Volunteer Support
Gabriella Bacon, Volunteer Support
Alice Brown, Volunteer Support