Adult Activity Center
The Adult Activity Center (AAC) serves as a drop-in recreation facility for adults 50+. Our mission is to offer a variety of recreational and life-enrichment activities which include health and wellness, fitness, nutrition, intellectual well-being, art, games, special-interest activities, computer assistance and classes, trips and tours, and special events.
NEW AT THE AAC! TABLE TENNIS
Fall Prevention- See what's happening at the AAC.
View Lunch & Learn Programs for November/December!
And save the date for this year's Community Thanksgiving Dinner on Wednesday, November 27th
All trips require participants to register. You can register online or in-person at the AAC, 506 S. Pine St. Registration fees are paid in advance with cash or check. For ongoing and upcoming events, trips, and activities, check out our calendar.
- 1:00 PM Needle Crafters
- 9:00 AM Pine Needle Basketry
- 12:30 PM Roxy Allen Paint and Fun (1st Thursday of the month). Registration required. Fee: $15 (NOTE: for Sept., class is held 9/24)
- 1:00 PM Ceramics (3rd Thursday of the Month)
- 1:00 PM Paper Crafts with Jean Kirkham (2nd & 4th Thursday of the month)
- 1:00 PM Fused Glass (September 19th, October 31st, November 21st). Registration required. Fee varies depending on art piece. Call the AAC for pricing information (509) 962-7242.
- 9:00 AM Wood Carving
MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY
- 8:00 AM Morning Exercise Class
- 11:00 AM Silver Sneakers
- 8:00 AM Essentrics (location Stan Bassett Youth Center) Trial class Sept. 11.
- 9:30 AM Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL)
- 1:30 PM SAIL
- 2:00 PM Western Line Dancing
TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
- 8:00 AM Foot Care/Healthy Smiles Dental Cleaning
- 8:00 AM Yoga (starting Oct. 15)
- 9:00 AM Level 1: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 10:00 AM Level 2: Tai Ji Quan (location Stan Bassett Youth Center)
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Table Tennis (NEW)
- 11:00 AM Walkie Talkies at Fred Meyer (starting Oct. 1)
- 11:00 AM Hand Massage (3rd Tuesday of each month)
FOOT CARE - Please call AAC for more information (509) 962-7242
HEALTHY SMILES DENTAL CLEANING - Please call (206) 650-3272 or (425) 891-5061 or email
- 12:00 PM Genealogy 101
- 8:30 AM Duplicate Bridge
- 10:00 AM Memory Cafe (2nd Tuesday of the month at Ellensburg Historical Museum, 114 E 3rd)
- 10:00 AM Computer Skills
- 12:00 PM Bridge
- 12:10 PM Brown Bag Lunch Series
- 2:00 PM Alzheimer's Association Caregiver Support Group (3rd Thursday of the month at Hal Holmes Community Center, 209 N. Ruby St)
- 11:30 AM Social Activity with light lunch
- 1:00 PM Pinochle
AAC Staff and Volunteers
- Katrina Douglas, Coordinator
- Katelyn Clavette, Recreation Leader
- Tina Peet, Volunteer Support
- Gabriella Bacon, Volunteer Support
- Alice Brown, Volunteer Support
- Vonnie Nichols, Volunteer Support
- Deborah Boudreau, AmeriCorps Member
- Roxanne Laush, AmeriCorps Member